Sorts of hosting solutions
A hosting solution includes stashing and/or sharing specific content on a server administered by a website hosting distributor. There are different classes of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's take a gaze at them. In this way, you can conclude what you want, depending on whether you'd like to own a website, email accounts, or to share files with buddies and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by various file storage providers, which allows you to share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole function is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free file hosting services are frequently supported by showing adverts beside the download links, while a timer makes you await a particular amount of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file hosting package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a totally false interpretation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would apportion the load between individual stacks of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous web space hosting services (email, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, web site hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is only a brand of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; some firms offer a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting variant is good if you want to share a great quantity of pics with mates or colleagues since the service is commonly free of cost. You will obtain a random link for every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- Email hosting: a solution committed to managing your e-mailbox accounts. Some suppliers provide site hosting services for websites, but do not offer an email hosting service. If you would like to have an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to own a website, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can create e-mail box accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video clip produces a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of videos and several hundred website viewers, you may have a hard time with your hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will permit you to have as many videos as you wish without bothering about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to have a website. To a certain extent, it comprises all of the aforesaid hosting types since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can create databases and e-mail accounts, upload videos, and so on. At GO IKV, for example, you can take a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting packages that allow you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in a single location. There may be limits depending on the sort of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting package may be better or worse compared with the usual e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are tailored for specific web content exclusively.